Ideas for dinner

Trail Hiking Australia Forums Food and Recipes Ideas for dinner

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Avatar of Grant HollingworthGrant Hollingworth
    Participant

What do you look forward to most after a long day on the trail? I generally crave a chicken Parma but need something lightweight, nourishing and quick and easy ti prepare. What’s your go-to hiking meal?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Avatar of Kate JacobsKate Jacobs
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

For an overnight hike, I like to keep things simple and convenient. Dehydrated or freeze-dried meals are my staples as they are lightweight, easy to prepare, and come in various flavors. When arriving late in the arvo after a big day of hiking, the last thing I want to do is spend time cooking a meal. Just add hot water using a portable stove, and you’re good to go. I also toss in some instant noodles, trail mix, and energy bars for quick, on-the-go snacks.

Avatar of Irresist1bleIrresist1ble
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Oh, after a long day on the trail, I’m all about that instant noodle life! It’s lightweight, easy to prepare, and gives me the nourishment I need.

Avatar of Darren EdwardsDarren Edwards
        Keymaster
        Up
        Down

I agree, it’s so convenient. We rarely take it unless my boys are hiking with us as they love noodles. My wife isn’t a fan of the instant 5-minute type so we don’t take it when hiking without the boys.

Avatar of Irresist1bleIrresist1ble
      Participant
      Up
      Down

Same with my wife, I just bring it when I’m alone.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.