Register your intentions
It’s important to tell others about your trip intentions so they can contact police if something goes wrong. Your safety is in your hands so let someone know before you go. Use this form if you’re a hiker planning a trip, or the leader of a group organising a hike. The form captures information that might help search and rescue teams find you in the event of an emergency. Your trip details will be sent to the relatives, friends, or trusted person that you nominate, with instructions on how to contact Police Search and Rescue if you don’t return on time.
The form is divided into three parts.
- Your Hike
- Your group and Equipment
- Your Emergency Contacts
To complete this form, you need
- Name, email address and phone number of your emergency contact
- Details of all members of your group
- Trip details, start and finish locations, departure and return date and time
- Details of your equipment. For example, your mobile/satellite phone number
- Fill in required fields marked with an asterisk *.