GPX file

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Hi

I am trying to download the GPX file for Australia’s 16 highest peaks but it is in a HTM file format. How do I get it in GPX?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Gary White

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    Replies
      Avatar of Darren EdwardsDarren Edwards
      Keymaster
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hey Gary, I am suspecting you are downloading this on your phone? The file isn’t html, its a GPX but your phone is probably displaying the text content of the GPX file. Once you see this, you should be able to tell your phone to open the file in a specific app. I’m using an iPhone and I can just click the open in button and select the app I want to import it to. Failing this, you may need to send the file to yourself in an email and open it from there. Hope this helps.

Participant
      Up
      Down

HI Darren

Thanks for the prompy reply.

I have actually tried to down load this file on my phone and computer but keep getting its a htm file. Tried the open in app but just get all the text again. I have also tried emailing it to myself but still having the same issue. I’m not normally this IT challenged. Any chance you can email the GPX file to me at [email protected].

Really good site by the way and appreciate the effort it takes.

Many thanks

Gary

Avatar of Darren EdwardsDarren Edwards
        Keymaster
        Up
        Down

No trouble at all Gary. I can’t explain what’s going on as it should be pretty straight forward. As mentioned, the file isn’t html so it should only be displaying the text content of the GPX file. I’ll email you a copy.

Cheers Darren

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.