Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Avatar of Torsten BungeTorsten Bunge
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

My first tent was the Black Wolf Stealth which, at 3kg, I worked out pretty quick was far too heavy if I was going to do any serious overnight stuff.

Since then have bought a Novapro Sports Illumina X which I absolutely love. While not being ultralight it is light enough (a shade over 1.5kg) not to weigh down your pack, a breeze to set up and plenty of room for me and my gear. It can also be set up fly first which comes in handy in the rain.

Avatar of Samantha HeraldSamantha Herald
        Participant
        Up
        Down

Yep I agree that 3kg is too heavy. I think my first was one of those kmart ones that was just under 5kg. I look back on that and laugh now but we all have to start somewhere (and it was only $45)

Avatar of Darren EdwardsDarren Edwards
      Keymaster
      Up
      Down

Mine is the Big Sky Revolution 3 person, 3 season tent. It’s lightweight, roomy, easy to set up and has an independent outer skin which is great for setting up a quick shelter out of the rain or setting up the tent in the rain. I also have a Chinook which is a 4 season tent. It’s less roomy though being a 2 person tent. You can read my review of this one here https://www.trailhiking.com.au/gear-reviews/big-sky-chinook-2p-4-season-tent/

Avatar of Samantha HeraldSamantha Herald
        Participant
        Up
        Down

I read your review on the Chinook. Expensive. Are you still happy with both?

Keymaster
        Up
        Down

Yeah, very happy with both. The Revolution 3 season is my favourite of the two. The Chinook is really only any good for Alpine or winter hiking where it gets really cols.

Avatar of Irresist1bleIrresist1ble
      Participant
      Up
      Down

My favorite tent is the “Wilderness Wanderer 2000.” It’s got all the bells and whistles, super easy to set up, and can withstand even the gnarliest weather conditions. Plus, it’s got this sweet little built-in hammock for those lazy camping days. 🏕️

Keymaster
        Up
        Down

Built in hammock? Sounds like a pretty comfy home. I’ll have to look that one up.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.