The trail follows a former tramway from Jarrahdale to the site of the Balmoral POW Camp. It is part of the Munda Biddi Trail.
The trail starts at an information bay 1km west of Jarrahdale at the corner of Nettleton Road and Jarrahdale Road.
The trail features spectacular wildflowers in spring.
It includes a loop (not on the railway formation)
The total distance including loop walk is 8km return.
1. Jarrahdale Information http://jarrahdale.com/index.htm
2. Jarrahdale History http://www.jarrahdale.com/museumandhistory.htm
3. Trail Map http://jarrahdale.com/maps/walk_railway_heritage.pdf
- Nettleton Road to South West Highway
- 50km south east of Perth
- Surface – Compacted earth
- Terrain – Flat and undulating
For more information and a location map please visit RailTrails Australia.