Keep the Trail Access info current...
Select items to indicate conditions for access to the trail.
Large Car Park
Small Car Park
Keep the Trail Features current...
Kosciuszko National Park...
Select items to indicate features found along the trail.
Prams & Strollers
Mountain Bike Trail
Historic Rail Trail
Coast & Beach
Waterfalls & Lakes
Goldfields & Mining
Follow this lovely self-guided loop track from Three Mile Dam campground as it meanders through snow gum woodlands, across snowgrass flats, and past an abandoned ore-crushing battery.
The scenery is nothing short of spectacular here at any time of year. In spring, it's remarkable for its carpet of wildflowers, with beautiful displays of yellow billy buttons, white silver snow daisies, and pink grass trigger plants. In winter, it becomes a pristine alpine cross-country skiing or snowshoe track, exciting enough to satisfy any snow-lover.
Along the way, keep your eyes out for small mammals and birds that regularly visit here. The endangered eastern pygmy and ringtail possums make their homes in the hollows of old snow gums, as well as crimson rosellas and gang-gang cockatoos that feed on gumnuts and insect galls in the treetops.
About the region
Kosciuszko National Park spoils you with snow sports, walks and mountain biking in the Snowy Mountains. Go camping, explore caves, climb Australia's highest mountain, or stay in heritage accommodation. There are 7 areas in this park:
1. Thredbo-Perisher area is your gateway to Mount Kosciuszko. Find NSW's favourite ski resorts, top alpine hikes, mountain bike trails, and endless adventures in the Snowy Mountains.
2. The Lower Snowy River area embraces the wild south of Kosciuszko National Park. Camp by the Snowy River and explore the scenic trails on a walk, bike or horse ride.
3. Khancoban area is the western gateway to Kosciuszko National Park. Discover Geehi and Tom Groggin's camp spots, fishing, and riding. Marvel at the Western Fall views or explore huts and hikes in the Jagungal Wilderness.
4. The Selwyn area is your perfect base to explore the walks, rides, and top fishing spots of central Kosciuszko National Park. Selwyn Snow Resort and historic Kiandra are closed due to severe fire damage.
5. The Yarrangobilly area is a highlight of northern Kosciuszko National Park. Explore jaw-dropping caves on a guided tour and swim in the thermal pool. Stay at historic Caves House and enjoy the walks and wildlife.
6. The Tumut area is your launch pad into northern Kosciuszko National Park. Discover water sports and wildlife at Blowering Reservoir. Camp and explore hidden walks and waterfalls in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains.
7. The High Plains area spoils you with summer walks, horse rides and bike trails to mountain huts, caves, and gorges. Camp, stay in Currango's heritage cottages, and discover Kosciuszko's wild north-east corner.
To Goldseekers track carpark. Goldseekers track is in the central precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:Drive to Kiandra - 91km from Tumut and 38km from AdaminabyTurn onto the road to CabramurraDrive for 5.7km to Three Mile Dam Park entry points Goldseekers track carpark See on map Road quality It's recommended that all vehicles carry snow chains from the June to October long weekends. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips. Parking Parking is available on Link Road, opposite the trackhead. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking may be limited.
There is limited mobile reception in this area of Kosciuszko National Park.
It's a good idea to fill in the free trip intention form and hire a PLB when planning your hike. Bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS
Visit NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service for more information on this trail.
The longitude and latitude of the start and end points are approximately only and should not be used for navigation purposes. Please contact me if you know the correct coordinates.