Keep the Trail Access info current...
Select items to indicate conditions for access to the trail.
Large Car Park
Small Car Park
Keep the Trail Features current...
Select items to indicate features found along the trail.
Prams & Strollers
Mountain Bike Trail
Historic Rail Trail
Coast & Beach
Waterfalls & Lakes
Goldfields & Mining
Bynguano Range walking track is a 7.5km, grade 5 Circuit hike located in the Mutawintji National Park, NSW. The hike should take approximately 5hrs to complete.
Breathtaking in more ways than one, this scenic walk will challenge the most hardy of bushwalkers. Bynguano Range walking track branches off the Homestead Gorge trail and crosses over the rocky ridge of the Bynguano Range to the west of the Mutawintji National Park.
The walk starts leisurely enough as it meanders between the craggy cliffs of Homestead Creek. Keep your eye out for impressive Aboriginal rock art at the Thaaklatijika overhang. Climbing steeply over the Bynguano Range, stop to view the spectacular maze of valleys and rugged gorges. Kangaroos and emus forage in the grassy woodland below, and perhaps you’ll glimpse the rare yellow-footed rock wallaby.
Stop to refuel and take in the birdlife – you’ll probably hear the unmistakable chatter of the correllas while there might be a majestic wedge-tailed eagle, or even a peregrine falcon, circling above.
About the Region
- Mutawintji National Park in the Outback NSW region
- Mutawintji National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Mutawintji Visitor Centre is always open, self service.
Bynguano Range walking track is an extension of the Thaakalatjika Mingkana walking track in Mutawintji National Park. To get there, follow the signs to Homestead Creek campground and Thaakalatjika Mingkana walking track. Road quality Check the weather before you set out as the road to Mutawintji National Park can become boggy when it rains. Parking Parking is available at Homestead Creek campground.
- In wet weather, access within the park maybe closed, and the public roads are susceptible to weather closures.
- Please check with the park office before you head out.
- Before setting out in the wilderness area, please inform someone of your itinerary and register with the ranger or contact the Broken Hill office on (08) 8080 3200.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Visit NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service for more information on this trail.
The longitude and latitude of the start and end points are approximately only and should not be used for navigation purposes. Please contact me if you know the correct coordinates.