Churches of Bundaberg is a 15km, grade 1 Circuit hike located in Bundaberg Queensland. The hike should take approximately 1.25hrs to complete.
Starting off at the graceful Holy Rosary Catholic Church on Barolin Street this walk will take in the spectacular architecture and history of the Churches located in Bundaberg. This walk includes Churches of all different faiths.
About the region
Bundaberg is a major centre within Queensland’s broader Wide Bay-Burnett geographical region and the headquarters of the Bundaberg Regional Council. The city is on the Burnett River, approximately 385 kilometres (239 mi) north of the state capital, Brisbane, and 15 kilometres (9.3 mi) inland from the coast. The local Aboriginal group is the Taribelang Bunda people.
The first Europeans in the area were timbergetters and co-founders of Bundaberg, John and Gavin Steuart who arrived in 1867. The town was surveyed in 1870. By 1881 it was gazetted as a municipality (the Borough of Bundaberg). It grew rapidly into a town by 1902 and a city by 1913.
For more information on this hiking trail, please visit Queensland.com