Hiking in Chile 2024

Trail Hiking Australia Forums Hike Planning Hiking in Chile 2024

• Creator
    Topic
    Avatar of Irresist1bleIrresist1ble
    Participant

Hey fellow adventurers! I’m planning my first hiking trip to Chile in March 2024 and would love some advice from this amazing community. I’m looking for suggestions on the best hiking trails. I’m also interested in unique accommodation options and must-try experiences. Lastly, is it necessary to get a guide because I’ve heard that there may be language barriers at some points in Chile? Thanks in advance 🏔️

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Avatar of Irresist1bleIrresist1ble
      Participant
      Up
      Down
      ::

Hey adventurers, giving my thread a little nudge since I haven’t received any replies yet. As someone from Australia organizing my initial walking journey to Chile in March, I have been searching hard for suggestions. While I was researching, I found an article about tourism in Chile for the year 2023 https://gowithguide.com/blog/tourism-in-chile-statistics-2023-the-ultimate-guide-5558   but I’m not sure if it’s updated or if anything has changed since then. I continue to wait with much enthusiasm for any personal stories or suggestions about walking paths, special places to stay, and activities that one should not miss in Chile. Also, I wonder whether it is wise to get a guide because of possible difficulties with the language. Any insights would be greatly appreciated! 🏔️

Avatar of Darren EdwardsDarren Edwards
        Keymaster
        Up
        Down
        ::

Congrats on planning your first trip to Chile. I haven’t been there yet but have a bucket list started. Here’s what have on my list so far. Hope its useful.

Torres del Paine National Park: Claimed to have some of the most spectacular scenery in Patagonia. The W Trek is a popular multi-day hike that takes you through the heart of the park, but there are also shorter day hikes available.

Conguillío National Park: This park is known for its volcanic landscapes and turquoise lakes. The Laguna del Laja trek is a moderate day hike that reportedly offers stunning views of the surrounding area.

Cajón del Maipo: This is a scenic canyon located near Santiago and offers a variety of hiking trails for all levels. From what Iv’e heard, the most popular hike is to the Cascada de las Ánimas waterfall.

That’s all I have so far. I haven’t looked at accommodation yet so can’t help there.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.