Keep the Trail Access info current...
Select items to indicate conditions for access to the trail.
Large Car Park
Small Car Park
Keep the Trail Features current...
Kosciuszko National Park...
Select items to indicate features found along the trail.
Prams & Strollers
Mountain Bike Trail
Historic Rail Trail
Coast & Beach
Waterfalls & Lakes
Goldfields & Mining
You'll enjoy views galore on this challenging hike to Blowering Falls. Steep in sections with scenic, ever-changing views of Blowering Dam, Blowering Cliffs walking track winds through open montane forest, which grows on sheltered hillsides.
This half-day walk begins at the carpark near Log Bridge Creek picnic area and campground. Follow the track as it coils upwards along a graded management trail. You'll then head uphill to the end of the track, where a view of the cliffs and waterfalls spreads out before you.
It's common to spot eastern grey kangaroos, emus and wallabies along this track, while birdwatchers will be able to identify a range of native woodland birds, including honeyeaters, firetails, parrots and raptors.
Return along the same track, and make use of the Log Bridge Creek facilities for a leisurely picnic. Or, if you're in the mood to keep on going, you can tackle the 11km return Warogong Sugarloaf walking track that starts just up the Snowy Mountains Highway, and camp overnight at Log Bridge Creek.
About the region
Kosciuszko National Park spoils you with snow sports, walks and mountain biking in the Snowy Mountains. Go camping, explore caves, climb Australia's highest mountain, or stay in heritage accommodation. There are 7 areas in this park:
1. Thredbo-Perisher area is your gateway to Mount Kosciuszko. Find NSW's favourite ski resorts, top alpine hikes, mountain bike trails, and endless adventures in the Snowy Mountains.
2. The Lower Snowy River area embraces the wild south of Kosciuszko National Park. Camp by the Snowy River, explore the scenic trails on a walk, bike or horse ride.
3. Khancoban area is the western gateway to Kosciuszko National Park. Discover Geehi and Tom Groggin's camp spots, fishing and riding. Marvel at the Western Fall views, or explore huts and hikes in the Jagungal Wilderness.
4. The Selwyn area is your perfect base to explore the walks, rides and top fishing spots of central Kosciuszko National Park. Selwyn Snow Resort and historic Kiandra are closed due to severe fire damage.
5. The Yarrangobilly area is a highlight of northern Kosciuszko National Park. Explore jaw-dropping caves on a guided tour and swim in the thermal pool. Stay at historic Caves House and enjoy the walks and wildlife.
6. The Tumut area is your launch pad into northern Kosciuszko National Park. Discover water sports and wildlife at Blowering Reservoir. Camp and explore hidden walks and waterfalls in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains.
7. The High Plains area spoils you with summer walks, horse rides and bike trails to mountain huts, caves and gorges. Camp, stay in Currango's heritage cottages, and discover Kosciuszko's wild north-east corner.
Blowering Cliffs walking track is in the northern (Blowering Foreshores) precinct of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there from Tumut Visitor Centre:Drive 16.6km south along Snowy Mountains HighwayTurn off the highway into Log Bridge Creek campground and picnic areaContinue 500m up the road you until you see the Blowering Cliffs trackhead sign and park in the carpark Parking Parking is available at Log Bridge picnic area, a short walk from the beginning of Blowering Cliffs walking track. There's also room for caravan and RV parking.
Visit NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service for more information on this trail.
The longitude and latitude of the start and end points are approximately only and should not be used for navigation purposes. Please contact me if you know the correct coordinates.