Keep the Trail Access info current...
Select items to indicate conditions for access to the trail.
Large Car Park
Small Car Park
Keep the Trail Features current...
Litchfield National Park...
Select items to indicate features found along the trail.
Prams & Strollers
Mountain Bike Trail
Historic Rail Trail
Coast & Beach
Waterfalls & Lakes
Goldfields & Mining
The Bamboo Creek - Tin Mine - Walker Creek circuit is approximately 13km in length and presents a wide variety of Landscapes in the Litchfield National Park. The hike commences at a small carpark along the Litchfield Park Road. The first 2.5km heads south east and off trail to meet up with the Tabletop Track then follows this until intersecting with the Walker Creek Track. Then final 1.5km is off trail and runs almost parallel to the Litchfield Park Road to return to the old mine site via the Dam.
About the region
Litchfield National Park is a must see if you're in the Top End. It's home to several stunning waterfalls that cascade into crystal clear pools, iconic magnetic termite mounds and clusters of weathered sandstone pillars at the Lost City.
Bamboo Creek carpark is approximately 19.5km North of Wangi Falls in Litchfield National park
- Best hiked between March & September
- At the start follow Bamboo Creek at least 1.2km before crossing - this avoids a swamp in the upper tablelands
- No Phone reception
- Start early to avoid the afternoon heat
- Tin Miners dam is crocodile accessible - stay on the dam wall & no swimming
- Camping fees apply within Litchfield National Park. Contact Park Headquarters at Batchelor for a map and permit information.
Max elevation: 194 m
Min elevation: 60 m
Total climbing: 336 m
Total descent: -319 m
Contributed by Darwin Wagaman